Our consortium saw a need to reconnect with students who have been stopped out for a while due to the pandemic and other factors. After using data and knowing our students, we decided a GED® bootcamp would help us this year. Each county custom planned their bootcamp to fit their own particular students’ needs.
- Physically spoke to our students about what they needed to pass their GED.
- Posted on Social Media
- Contacted former and present students to register them for the bootcamp
- Used letters, emails, texts, GED® manager and phone calls to contact students
Planned the Bootcamps:
- The camp would be 1 to 3 days long depending on the county and their need
- Two Bootcamps were completed during the Sprint Sessions for most counties
- Math and Social Studies seemed to have the most need
- The second Bootcamp covered other subjects needed for a day
- The day following the Bootcamps was planned to do the GED® Ready and/or GED® test directly following the Bootcamps
- Some counties used Zoom to share with online students.